November 6, 2018
Wy’east UUC Board Minutes
Tuesday, November 6, 2018
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm
Present: Daniale, Craig, Mathias, Paul, Lana, and Marcy
Meeting Minutes-review and approval
Meeting minutes approved for last month
- RCPC has a new updated entry that Craig has the info for
- Portable homeless shower and other activities at RCPC might affect any meetings when closing
- Utility closet around the corner to clean up any messes at RCPC
- Committee of Ministry had a meeting on the Behavior Policy to make some changes
- Path to membership class is coming up soon, and we may welcome some new members.
- Even though our income (4083) was about 2000 below our budgeted income of 5959. Expenses were slightly lower than budgeted, at 6143 rather than 6490. The result was a deficit of 2060 for the month, compared to the budgeted deficit of 530 for October.
- However, for the year, we're still well ahead of our budget, with a net decrease of 319 where we had budgeted a decreased of about 3000 for this point in the year. So, pledges seem to be balancing out month to month, so far.
- Yearly audit will be coming up soon
- Membership dues are based on operating expenses now versus number of people in congregation, which may save money
Worship Committee Report
- Budget is on track
- Nothing significant to report
Sustained Partnership with Girl Scouts Beyond Bars
Working on creating a sustained partnership with Girl Scouts Beyond Bars
- In the process of how it will work with the two groups
- Positive feelings with both groups
- A special collection will be held at some point
Strategic Planning Committee Report
- Strategic Planning Report was presented and well received
- There were many great ideas in the report and the board appreciates the time and commitment that went into creating this document.
- It was talked about whether or not there is a possibility to set aside funds for certain aspects in the plan for the future, including possibly adding a paid position for a communication manager.
There was some concern whether or not the RE space at Wee Works is serving all of the children well.
- Marcy will relay this concern to the Strategic Planning Committee and report back next time
- Ideas of providing a “pop-up” kind of tent at HSC to separate the older children from the little ones, and provide more focused instruction was discussed
- How we present this document to the congregation or use this document is still a question that needs further discussion ( i.e. annual meeting or special meeting?) Asking Sarah Schurr, of the regional UUA, may give us an idea of how we could present this to the congregation
- Biannual Review...question of whether it would be the same team or rotate team, and how often to meet was asked.
Confirm Next Meeting Date:12/4, 7pm
Meeting moved and approved to adjourn
Respectfully Submitted by Marcy S