November 5, 2019
Wy’east UUC Board Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, November 5 , 2019
Present: Eme´, Craig, Mathias, Daniale, and Marcy
Meeting Minutes-review and approval
Motion, moved, and approved
- Covenant of Right Relations Draft...Lana helped put it in brief action statements
- The board needs to look these over and see if they have any thoughts or comments (We have until Feb or March to get it out to congregation)
- We need to get any comments ready by next meeting.
1) Sermon preparation, newsletter columns, etc.
2) Phone calls, e-mails. Pastoral calls and visits, meetings with congregational leaders.
3) Colleague consultation
4) Martial arts and Spanish language study.
5) Path to Membership class 11-3 -There are 2 new people!
6) New Member Welcome scheduled for 12-1
7) Attended South Asian film series with Wy’east members
8) Attended Seniors Group at RCPPC on 10-18—almost 20 attended!
9) Worked on CRR draft with Committee on Ministry (see the link below)
Worship Committee Report
- They are working hard, and getting insights from a younger perspective, Alana, in the congregation.
- Good conversation happening
Social Justice Report
- A SJC member will read about the special collection for the month for the National Voting Right Institute in Alabama since it is so far away.
- Things are going well and coming along
RE Committee Report
- Debra T. will take on some responsibility on posting to find a new RE coordinator, and is also taking more leadership in some of the curriculum to target the older student engagement.
- Can RE have some money dedicated to refresh it, especially since losing Lana and more kids are coming? Mathias will bring it up to the committee.
- Finding 1 volunteer each week to help teach, with some regular volunteers each week.
- Attached, please see our treasurer's report for the month of October. You'll notice on the "budget graph" tab that our income, totalling about $9700, was significantly up for the month while our expenses were about what was budgeted, meaning we added about $3500 to our account where we had budgeted to withdraw around $500. This means that for the year, we have decreased our savings by about $2000, significantly less than the roughly $3500 we had budgeted to have withdrawn by now. We'll see how things progress through the end of the year! Our total account balances are about $55.5 thousand.
Square reader is coming in the mail and we have the account. We just need to test it out first before it goes on the website.
Maybe get input from the congregation on what would work best:
- A certain station or a person manning a station during the donation time???
- Maybe get input from the congregation on what would work best:
At Large Member
- Diana wants to continue to work with the digital refresh and wants to focus on that right now and not be on the board right now.
- Jocelyn will start engaging the Nominating committee to find a new board meeting.
- It will be in Portland
- Will we be able to show people around the city or rent out rooms? We might be able to get money for the congregation for this.
- We can throw it out to the congregation to see if there is any interest...Daniale will let Linda M. know
Mt. Hood Cluster Safety Question
- Was wondering if we would fill out a questionnaire about safety...Craig will do.
-Jim would like a Wy’east UUC stamp for books
--Ron would like time in September to discuss ordering rainbow chalice tees-- wait until logo is finalized?
- For Jim--the stamp will be in the works and it can be a part of the digital refresh commission and use its logo. Daniale will send it to Linda M. to add to the list of to do’s.
Confirm Next Meeting Date: 12 /3, 7pm
Moved, approved, and adjourned
Respectfully submitted by Marcy S