March 6, 2018

Wy’east UUC Board Minutes

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

 

Meeting called to order at 7:03

 

Present: Bruce, Paul, Craig, Daniale, Mathias, Barbara

 

Meeting Minutes

 

  • Check-In

 

  • Meeting Minutes-review and approval
    • Minor adjustment made to header, Bruce moves to accept, Mathias seconds, all agree.

 

  • Treasurer’s Report & Budget Discussion
    • Report:
      • Emailed
      • Lower income in January, as expected.
      • Our expenses are also significantly lower, and we’re at a surplus.
    • Budget
      • Emailed
      • Worship line items might be reduced (due to surplus)
      • Music area could be increased due to support our growing choir program, and there are several items under consideration:  new sheet music, UUMN membership, UUMN conference
      • LRE, consider increasing DRE salary
      • Minor adjustments to Membership
      • Minor adjustments to Community presence w/ Campus Ministry and shifting funds due to VSN partnership ending
      • Organizational support, also some minor adjustments:  telecom, software (Mathias will continue to look into software options and will have it for next month’s meeting)
      • Recommendation to add some more to the Board Discretionary fund to help cover conferences, etc… for members
      • Recommendation to include a Leadership/Professional Development area for attending GA/RA

 

  • Worship Committee Report
    • Some changes in the setup and Joys and Sorrow; it’s going smoothly, and there has been mixed reviews, mostly due to discomfort around change.  Mostly there has been positive feedback about the design and flow.
    • There have been some positive adjustments around kids in the mornings
    • Choir has continued to grow, getting more people involved

 

  • Minister’s Report & Mission/Vision Progress
    • Emailed
    • UU History class--no one has signed up, so might be cancelled (Craig thinks there might be simply a lot going on as far as adult enrichment)
    • Mission/Vision workshop is off to a good start with steps to continue progressing forward

 

  • Strategic Planning Committee
    • Discussing outreach at the moment

 

  • 2018 Canvass
    • Barbara handed out a timeline w/ canvass committee duties
    • We’ll look this over and send comments via email to Barbara
    • Mathias will aim to have the next budget draft by the 15th
    • Might need to change potluck in May
    • Bruce has confirmed his testimonial date

 

  • Document Storage RCPPC
    • Plans to move documents from Eme’s place to the office at RCPCC, and they’ve moved the large desk out so it’s a usable space
    • We’ll continue this further on--once canvass and budget are behind us

 

  • Sharai Recognition
    • Bruce will get a card that we’ll sign with a gift card and send it on to Sharai

 

  • Confirm Next Two Meeting Dates

April 3

May 1

 

Parking Lot:

  • Creating a document for potential volunteers, perhaps a check-list that could get funneled to the membership committee or a volunteer coordinator
  • Possibility of Matt and Mathias being volunteer piano players
  • Directory and Canvassing:   concerns about losing our foundation base.  (Do people stay on as friends of Wy’east after being removed from the membership roster?  Can we include these friends in our canvassing?)
  • Mt. Hood Cluster:  Barbara feels there is value in maintaining this relationship

 

Meeting adjourned at 8:46

 

Date: 
Tuesday, March 6, 2018