March 3, 2020
Wy’east UUC Board Meeting Minutes
Tuesday, March 3 , 2020
Eme´, Daniale, Mathias, Marcy, and Craig
Meeting Minutes-review and approval
Moved and approved
1) Sermon preparation, newsletter columns, etc.
- Maybe incorporate kids reading during the sermon
2) Phone calls, e-mails. Pastoral calls and visits, meetings with congregational members/leaders.
3) Colleague consultation (UUA and UUMA issues) Attended two freedom conscience/speech services in Salem (Feb. 9 and 23)
4) Martial arts and Spanish language study.
5) Path to Membership class scheduled for March 1—big group, it seems!
6) UU History Class (Scheduled for all 2nd Friday’s through June)
7) Met with Senior/Coffee and Conversation Group
8) Consultation with Kentucky Chalice Circle Group on Islam
9) Stewardship letter and column for 2020. Canvass kickoff sermon on March 15.
10) Met with Robin Teater of Democracy Project and other Wy’east members Feb. 28
11) COM meets 3/8 to discuss CRR rollout. Updated document for better flow.
12) Will do stewardship sermon for Hillsboro UUs on March 29 (minister suddenly left due to health issues)
Worship Committee Report
- Moving right along, nothing to report
Social Justice Committee Report
Good conversations about voting rights in Oregon vs. other states
- Good organizations are coming in
RE Committee Report
- Popcorn Theology is going well, but trying to figure out childcare for the little kids who can’t sit through the whole thing.
- Matt is doing Wy’camp monthly, and Jocelyn and Chandra are volunteering regularly
- Lana will be meeting with Craig about interview process, Adeline will be interviewed with possibly others, Kate will also have an informal interview, and will check in with some HR background congregation members to ask for tips
- Down a couple thousand for the month, which is expected
Going through budgeting process
- Is looking at committees if there are any changes to budget for next year
- Worship: may change a little if we have a person paid to close up
- Board Discretionary: over budget this year, so may increase this budget
- Overall, budget is looking like it will be about the same
- March 15 to April 26ish is the Canvas start date
- Hank, Bruce, and Matt are on the committee
Donate Button/Friends of Wy’east Communication
- Mathias will email Linda M. about putting the donate button on the newsletter
- Eme´will send an attachment of things to do and we will comment via email
- Maybe have several hand sanitizer at services
- May 3: Budget Meeting
May 17: Annual Meeting
- Will talk about who will be responsible for the Annual Report next time
- Ron would like time to discuss ordering rainbow chalice tees-- waiting until the logo is finalized.
- GA2022: will send an email via the newsletter to determine if anyone is interested in hosting any activity.
- Food Justice Task Force...we think did not get the grant, so will table this for now
Confirm Next Meeting Date: 4/7/20 at 7pm
- Moved and approved to adjourn
Respectfully submitted by Marcy S