July 7, 2020

Present:     

      Daniale L (Moderator)

        Eme (Outgoing Vice Moderator, Incoming Board Member At-Large)

        Jocelyn F (Incoming Treasurer)

        Lana A (Incoming Vice Moderator)

        Mathias Q (Former Treasurer, Secretary; non-voting)

        Arianna L (Incoming Secretary)

 

 

  • Check-In

 

  • Establish Board Roles
    • Jocelyn has come on as treasurer
    • Lana will be vice moderator
    • Arianna will be secretary
    • As elected board members, Lana, Jocelyn, and Arianna are now authorized check signers.
    • Outgoing Board Members Mathias, Marcy, and Nancy are no longer authorized check signers. 

 

  • 6-2-20 Meeting Minutes-review and approval: Approved

 

  • Standard Reports
    • Worship Committee Report
      • The committee has a mostly-complete plan for July and part of August
      • The board discussed whether there would be a service reporting back on General Assembly. Possibly in September.
      • The committee continues to discuss how best to involve children 
    • Social Justice Committee Report 
      • The committee has been discussing July and August Special Collections ideas
      • There are a lot of ideas for Indigenous Peoples theme for next year
      • There was a conflict of meeting time with service preparation meeting, so the SJ meeting time was changed.
    • RE Committee Report
      • Kate officially stepped into RE Coordinator role
      • Childcare position will dissolve temporarily
        • Lana will submit documentation
      • A Google Group has now been set up to communicate with parents and RE committee members
      • Kate is working on Popcorn Theology
    • Treasurer’s Report
      • Motion to appoint Jocelyn to the board to finish Mathias’ term (one more year): Approved
      • Jocelyn is working with the finance committee and nominating committee to hopefully begin training a new secretary for next year.
      • We had a good month of better than projected income and expenses.
      • Assets are just over $61,000
      • CCCU Information - We need every board member to fill out a bank form and to provide two forms of ID and signatures. Mathias will coordinate this.
      • Mathias will update a renewed Minister’s contract or delegate to the Committee on Ministry.
      • Finance Committee is being established:  Jocelyn Furbush, Mathias Quackenbush, David Delk, D’on Voelzke.  
      • What recommendations for duties do we have (see the doc Mathias sent): Finance committee will review the roles and specify which jobs can be delegated to another board member.
    • Membership Committee Report *** see below
      • Daniale will ask Linda MacPherson about progress of Digital Refresh

 

  • Endowment Committee Members 
    • Bios below (Karl Arruda (from task force), Barbara Ross, Kathy Scanlan)
    • Motion to approve Committee Members: Approved

 

  • Digital Wy’east
    • The UUA recommends congregations remain digital until May 2021. The board discussed whether we should consider doing otherwise?
      • We have to be thoughtful of the age of our population and the other users of our building, who are mostly high-risk. We also don’t know enough about the trajectory of the virus, and other states that have opened do not have encouraging results.
      • Perhaps we can think about offering small in-person gatherings, or let folks self-select to do that.
      • Board members feel no rush to break from UUA guidelines
      • Let’s revisit the question in September
    • Staffing Considerations: UUA doc
      • Besides the childcare position, we’ll maintain staff and rentals unless/until we run into budget issues.

 

  • Other items/reflections?
    • Some more discussion about how to include families in digital services. RE Committee will meet next week to continue troubleshooting.

 

  • To Confirm when meeting in person:
    • Board:  
      • Meeting Notes April, May, June, July
      • Endowment Committee Members
      • Board Discretionary Fund for Zoom License
    • Congregation:  Annual Meeting Notes/voting

 

  • On Hold:
    • Ron would like time to discuss ordering rainbow chalice tees-- waiting until  logo is finalized.
    • GA2022:  will send an email via the newsletter to determine if anyone is interested in hosting any activity. 
    • Food Justice Task Force

 

  • Confirm Next Meeting Date: 8/4/20, 7pm
Date: 
Tuesday, July 7, 2020