January 8, 2019
Wy’east UUC Board Minutes
Tuesday, January 8, 2019
Meeting called to order at 7:00 pm
Present: Daniale, Mathias, Hadrian, Craig, Marcy, and Helen
Meeting Minutes-review and approval
Moved and approved the minutes from December
- All filing stuff moved to the office at Rose City
- Bie’s father is translating the UU principle in Hmong!
Treasurer’s Report and unemployment tax document
- Unemployment tax document we paid a penalty, but we are looking into software to avoid this in the future.
Worship Committee Report
- Next meeting is the 1-14
- Craig’s service on gun violence will be moved to a later date due to social justice inviting a gun violence speaker
Social Justice Committee Report
- They’ve been talking to congregants about what organizations they are interested in
- A few revisions to the proposal document about the partnership with Girl Scouts, but otherwise remained the same
Church Management Software
- Mathias is continuing to demo different payroll/accounting programs to see if there is a better one out there and may be more cost effective.
- He has found a UU forum that you can ask questions and has gotten info on what they are using and if they like it.
- Debra T and Matt L are co-chairs for RE!
- Membership Committee
- Social Justice Committee (Long-term Partnership)
- Strategic Planning Committee Report
- Maybe we will pick a 5th Sunday month...still up in the air.
- We will hold a special meeting to confirm the standing committee status of the membership committee and the partnership with the Girl Scouts
- Strategic Planning: -a concise summary of the top 3 areas of most need, add time for discussion/question, ask if anyone has an interest in the areas to contact the board,
- Need a single sentence for what membership committee is
Confirm Next Meeting Date: 2/5, 7pm
Respectfully submitted by Marcy S